Orb Style Poll!

A haven for fan-art and community creations!

What type of Orb Setup should Lunais have?

Keep the current setup (2 Duplicate Melee Orbs, 1 Separately Equipped Spell Orb)
22%
2 Mismatched Melee Orbs, 1 Separately Equipped Spells Orb
50%
2 Mismatched Melee Orbs, Spell Orb is dictated by combination of Melee Orbs (Order of Ecclesia Style)
28%

Total votes : 18

Re: Orb Style Poll!

Postby houseton » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:48 am

Charleon wrote:After reading everyone's insights I'd like to change my poll answer from 1 to 2 actually (well, there goes the anonymity!), I think it would mesh really well actually; everytime you picked up a new orb you'd squeal with joy trying out all the new spell orb combinations

From what I take on your reply you'd want to vote for option 3 not option 2 as picking up a new melee orb would not affect your spell orbs in option 2. Option 3 is the one where you'd get new spells after you pick up a new melee orb.

@bodie
Would it also be easy and feasible to change either be able to map out the spell button on a config menu or have it as one of the unused triggers?
E.g. If back dash is LB and dash is RB, could you make holding LT equivalent to pushing up for the sake of spell casting?
houseton

Postby Jarno » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:54 am

id say keep it as it as, i would like to have different orbs around me, but it add way to much strain on the development

option 1: no extra work yay and spend time on making the game better yay

option 2: i like this but having two botton to attack is weird imo, i didnt play castevania tho. and having spells bound to Y + UP, that add even more complexity especaily if you let poeple rebind thier input button you need to check for multiple keys to be pressed

option 3: would take a shitload of different spells to be designed since there are quite a few orbs ingame + orbs from kickstarter backers
Ola
Jarno

Postby Darth Plagueis » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:11 am

houseton wrote:@bodie
Would it also be easy and feasible to change either be able to map out the spell button on a config menu or have it as one of the unused triggers?
E.g. If back dash is LB and dash is RB, could you make holding LT equivalent to pushing up for the sake of spell casting?
I want to vote, but I am ignorant to what this poll is about and it's consequences... a video demonstrating examples would fare greatly here. However, being an egalitarian developer, I'd say let the player choose. Have the options available at their disposable. Kinda like Rockman Zero's Config Menu:
http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Mega_Man_Zero/Controls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FcBqJZ-TYs&t=2m45s

It has types A-C for how you should alternate both weapons (sword and gun) and elements (normal/non-elemental, fire, water/ice, wind/electricity). From toggling, holding both button simultaneously to use other weapon, or have separate buttons entirely:

I am not sure how orbs should fare in this regard, pardon my ignorance.
Darth Plagueis

Postby Bodie » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:49 pm

Alright, so here's a GIF of how it would work with mismatched orbs:

This took me a few minutes to implement (yay programming something in a way that makes changing it super easy~~). Also, the attack button is just X and I think it works out okay? I may just leave this as is and call it a day haha. If you want something with a good rhythm, then match your orbs. Otherwise mismatch away!
Bodie
Site Admin

Postby ThatLlamaGirl » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:02 pm

Bodie wrote:This took me a few minutes to implement (yay programming something in a way that makes changing it super easy~~).

For once, hurray for Past Bodie!
ThatLlamaGirl

Postby Abster » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:25 pm

It brings to mind the "dual but not quite dual welding" aspect to the original SOTN. Being able to use two different attacks as you see fit seems to be the most versatile option imo right now. Though if the original option let you use the two in sequence relatively easy you could do the Ecclesia thing by alternating attack buttons to keep the option to use attacks that rapidly.
Abster

Postby Darth Plagueis » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:07 am

I hope my post was of service, if in anyway.

Watching this game progress, as slow and steady as it is, brightens my days, regardless of how they fared. :D
Darth Plagueis

Postby cthomlan » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:05 pm

Oh neat. I thought it was going to be using the orbs in sequence, not simultaneously. Simultaneous is nice.
cthomlan

Postby Jarno » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:02 am

its hard to see bcause of the fps, but does this mean that when you use for example the wind orb (super fast) and the eye orb (slow)

that you can do 2 melee wind attack in between an melee eye attack since the wind orbs returns to yu so quikc you cna use it again before the eye orb returns ?
Ola
Jarno

Postby Bodie » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:07 am

Jarno wrote:its hard to see bcause of the fps, but does this mean that when you use for example the wind orb (super fast) and the eye orb (slow)

that you can do 2 melee wind attack in between an melee eye attack since the wind orbs returns to yu so quikc you cna use it again before the eye orb returns ?

Yep Jarno :) When you press X it tries to use the 'next Orb'. If that Orb is busy, it tries the other Orb. You can kinda see in the GIF that the Blue Orb attacks multiple times while the Eye Orb is away.
Bodie
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Community Playground