Introduce yourself!

Anything not related to Lunar Ray Games.

Re: Introduce yourself!

Postby MaxwellDemonic » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:48 am

Hiya people.

I'm MaxwellDemonic, I've been using that name forever and aside from it reeking of teenage angst, it's also a reference to two things (2lot and Velvet Goldmine). Anywho, been a gamer for a long time and don't intend to stop any time soon. I also volunteer at the Starbound forums as a Tech Support person.
MaxwellDemonic

Postby sWiTcH-e-RoO » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:23 pm

MaxwellDemonic wrote:Hiya people.

I'm MaxwellDemonic, I've been using that name forever and aside from it reeking of teenage angst

That's everyone's first ever internet name brah. I used to have a disgustingly weeaboo one, didn't come up with something less cringe-inducing till recently, which is the name you see me using here.
sWiTcH-e-RoO

Postby Gareth » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:29 pm

Hey Everyone!

My name is Gareth as you might have already been able to tell from my cleverly thought up forum name. I live in Japan and have for almost ten years now. I love playing games but have less time than I would like to play them. I am really looking forward to helping test this game and give ideas when I can. I haven't done anything like this before so I am pretty excited. My friend got me onto this game and after seeing the kickstarter page I fell in love with it : ) see you in the forums :geek:

Gareth
Don't be a spoony bard

PSN: tsugarusatsujin
Gareth

Postby Alberto » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:27 pm

Hey everyone, I'm really excited about the game and meeting other fans on the forums here. I like all types of games and particularly indie games of all genres. I'm working on my own indie game on the side so always looking to support others when I can on Kickstarter. When I'm not working on my game or playing games I like to race sports cars.
Alberto

Postby arachness » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:21 pm

Hi everyone, I'm Arachness! Definitely excited to get to know everyone. I heard about Timespinner, saw what it was about and had to get my hands on it. My first metroidvania title was Super Metroid. Castlevania Sotn and AoS are other favorites of mine.
arachness

Postby Jakeirako » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:50 pm

Hello everyone I'm so late on this. My username is Jakeirako, but I am Katrina Santana on the Kickstarter Timespinner forum. Even though I haven't played neither Castlevania or Metroid, Timespinners just interested me so much. With games I play almost anything except 1st person shooters though I did buy Borderlands 2 on Steam and I'm not into fighting games because I super suck at them xD. I posted my username for the PSN and Steam along with my 3DS code in my sig. I'm also into anime so if anyone wants to chat with me on that especially if you like/love Naruto PM me.
3DS: 2079-7129-1544
PSN: Jakeirako
Steam: Jakeirako
Tumblr: http://jakeirako.tumblr.com/
Jakeirako

Postby Cyggie » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:54 pm

Just saw this thread now.

Hi! I'm Joshua, and I'm a Canadian. I love so many things: great video games, music, film, acting, art, books, my cat... The list can get pretty endless!

I just recently graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Motion Pictures, but I think my real passion is video games. I love, love, love to act a lot, and fancy myself to have a bit of a voice too! I'd love to start voicing over people's games in the future... and maybe even designing some of my own?!

I'm just starting to get into the indie scene here in Vancouver. I went to my first ever developer conference where I learned an insane amount for a mere $30. Two full days of awesome insight and knowledge?! Hell yes!

All in all, though, I am looking forward to playing Timespinner, and giving my own critical feedback as the game shifts and changes is something I am proud to be a part of!
Cyggie

Postby Bodie » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:36 pm

Cyggie wrote:I'm just starting to get into the indie scene here in Vancouver. I went to my first ever developer conference where I learned an insane amount for a mere $30. Two full days of awesome insight and knowledge?! Hell yes!

Oh you went to Full Indie Summit, too? I was there :D Didn't give a talk or anything, just hung out with Power Up Audio :D It was pretty neat meeting all of these big indie people in person. Not quite as scary when you realize that they're just nerds like you!
Bodie
Site Admin

Postby Cyggie » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:00 pm

Bodie wrote:
Cyggie wrote:I'm just starting to get into the indie scene here in Vancouver. I went to my first ever developer conference where I learned an insane amount for a mere $30. Two full days of awesome insight and knowledge?! Hell yes!

Oh you went to Full Indie Summit, too? I was there :D Didn't give a talk or anything, just hung out with Power Up Audio :D It was pretty neat meeting all of these big indie people in person. Not quite as scary when you realize that they're just nerds like you!

Yes! I was there! I was wondering to myself if maybe I saw you there actually. It's crazy how small this community seems like. I was given info on some local meet-ups they do as well as stuff for game jams, among other things.

Were you by chance inside the theatre lobby before general admission? I was literally the first one through the gate, and I remember someone who might have looked like you say something about that. Maybe I'm just picturing it too hard. :P

It really makes me feel like working on video games is a real possibility. I went to film school pretty much because I thought I would never be able to work on video games (because I can't draw or program (yet?)). Luckily I have a lot of different approaches because of all these different things I am actually able to do. :)

I follow power up audio on twitter and tried to find them at the event, but I don't think they were trying to stand out at all.
Cyggie

Postby veelk » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:41 pm

Hey there!
My name's Jose, but I like to use kleev or veelk online.
About videogames, I think I like music the most.
BTW, I like the name "Lunar Ray Games"... it reminds me of Lunar Silver Star Story which is my favorite game!
I like the Lunar Ray Games logo too.
veelk

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic