Koji Igarahi returns!

Anything not related to Lunar Ray Games.

Koji Igarahi returns!

Postby Abster » Mon May 11, 2015 10:28 am

Kickstarter for Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is now live!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ig ... -the-night

Pledge it now!
Abster

Re: Koji Igarahi returns!

Postby Nel Celestine » Mon May 11, 2015 11:23 am

$300 backer.

I want that Signed Collector's Edition.
Producer of Spinners of Fate and other Youtube Content.
Nel Celestine

Postby Abster » Mon May 11, 2015 7:12 pm

I went with $60, but I'd like to go at least $100 so I can get into the credits.
Abster

Postby MetalShadowOverlord » Mon May 11, 2015 8:46 pm

>tfw no monies to give to all these epic kickstarters. :c

Eh, I suppose I'll be happy just to play it. Given how crafting is involved, I'm especially excited over it.

I also love how interactive the kickstarter is. I mean, what other kickstarter have you seen where submitting fanart, performing tasks on social media, and a host of other things actually helped change the kickstarter (like exclusive rewards).

Oh, one last thing, at the time of me writing this, the kickstarter has already made over 1 million dollars.
MetalShadowOverlord

Postby Jistuce » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:41 am

MetalShadowOverlord wrote:I also love how interactive the kickstarter is. I mean, what other kickstarter have you seen where submitting fanart, performing tasks on social media, and a host of other things actually helped change the kickstarter (like exclusive rewards).

The cynic in me just grumbles about it being a transparent ploy to ensure the game has people emotionally invested in it before they have any reason to be.

That said, I did kick in for game+soundtrack. I REALLY wanted that Yoshitaka Amano poster, but I just didn't have that much free money to throw around.
(Also wanted: my dog in the game, and the hand-forged silver ring of Iga, but... reasonably speaking, I wanted that poster.)
Jistuce

Postby SHODANFreeman » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:42 am

I was so happy that this Kickstarter smashed the record for video game funding (since broken again by Shenmue III). Since we'll probably never get a 2D Castlevania again, I really hope Bloodstained is even half as good as any of the portable Castlevania games.
SHODANFreeman

Postby Jarno » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:19 pm

It might have broken records but I see a trend, kickstarters are becoming more and more expansive, back in my day, funding a kickstarter was cheaper or about the same price as the final product, now days to even join an alpha you have to pay 100+

I like alpha's finding bugs giving feedback, in that way I help the game development, I don't like paying 100+ for games tho
Ola
Jarno

Postby Jistuce » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:48 am

Jarno wrote:It might have broken records but I see a trend, kickstarters are becoming more and more expansive, back in my day, funding a kickstarter was cheaper or about the same price as the final product, now days to even join an alpha you have to pay 100+

Another trend, which you indirectly highlight: video game Kickstarters are becoming less about securing the funds to make a game and more a way to gauge interest and take preorders. Which is fine, it's really what preorders SHOULD be used for.
But... it's not really what Kickstarter was meant to be, and it's skewing people's perceptions of what a video game costs to develop as they assume the Kickstarter is the sole source of funds.
Also, it still only costs one dollar to fund a Kickstarter campaign. You're just looking at it as a preorder system instead of a way to secure development funds.

That certain high profile games HAVE brought in enough money to significantly boost the development budget is nice, but their Kickstarter campaigns were not primarily to secure development funds so much as they were to prove to investors that a market for the game existed.

I DO give Iga points for admitting this upfront. Honesty works for me.
I also give him points for dressing up like a vampire on-camera, though it's possible that's actually just Iga's true form.
Jistuce

Return to Off-Topic