Can't wait!

News and general discussions about Lunar Ray Games.

Re: Can't wait!

Postby RonanN1 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:51 am

Hugs from Romania! :) Can't wait to play it :D I was hoping for a XBOX ONE release but I guess I'm gonna play it on PC :)
RonanN1

Awesome!

Postby Nathan » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:07 am

Greetings from The Netherlands!

I first discovered Timespinner through Kotaku (at least I think) and was immediately blown away by the trailer and the concept of a Metroidvania-style game with time travel. Two of my favorite things combined! It felt a little bit like an early Christmas.

So I had to back it... and now I'm really stoked to see this game develop and grow. It will turn out awesome, I just know it.

Congratulations on an awesome Kickstarter Bodie! And all the best during the coming (busy) months.
Change is inevitable; progress is optional.
Nathan

Postby ThatLlamaGirl » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:04 am

Hey, Mikey! The livestream can be found in two parts here: http://www.twitch.tv/lunarraygames/profile/past_broadcasts
ThatLlamaGirl

Postby Heart » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:33 am

I can't wait for this either. It reminds me so much of Chrono Trigger, which I recently finished playing.
Mwahahahahahaha. Age? I have none of those. I am TIMELESS!
Heart

Postby BrightShadow » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:14 pm

Heart wrote:... It reminds me so much of Chrono Trigger...

I think this game most closely resembles Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for the original Playstation console. If you haven't played that one, you really should, at least to practice your skills for this game ^_^ if not to help you endure the wait for this game's completion. I also highly recomend Star Ocean: The Second Story, also for Playstation... and of course the original Xenogears as well.

Sooo many good games...

(and yes Chrono Trigger is one of my all time favorites ^_^)
BrightShadow

Postby Symbolic » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:51 pm

Greetings from Australia! I believe I heard about the game through PC Gamer or maybe RockPaperShotgun. As soon as I saw the kickstarter trailer, I was sold instantly and had to pledge.

I actually only got into the Metroidvania sub-genre of games over the past few years (I was always more of a PC gamer growing up then into consoles). Newer games like Dust: An Elysian Tail and Guacamelee (which I absolutely loved both) really got me into the genre, and also prompted me to go back and check out stuff like Super Metroid and Castlevania: SotN. I have a huge appreciation for those games now as they have aged extremely well and are still so fun to play still. I wonder if anyone else had this happen to them too?

I'm glad the genre has made a bit of a resurgence recently (a similar thing is happening with isometric RPG's on kickstarter), as it's not just old-school fans that are looking forward to Timespinner as well :)

Heart wrote:I can't wait for this either. It reminds me so much of Chrono Trigger, which I recently finished playing.

I had the same vibe too. But it was more so the character designs, time travelling aspects and the mix of sci-fi/fantasy elements that reminded me of Chrono Trigger. The gameplay definitely is Castlevania.
Symbolic

Postby Heart » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:32 am

I've heard so many things about Castlevania and I have only seen someone play it once. Maybe I should somehow acquire it just to get a feel for what it's like.
Mwahahahahahaha. Age? I have none of those. I am TIMELESS!
Heart

Postby Jarno » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:54 am

i watched the live steam from start to end, man that was long
and i almost bought minecreft, it seemed fun , i never played it before :D

i gues i am one of the few who did not get here by might nr.9, every one in a while i look tru all games on kickstarter. this one got my attention, and when i checked the video / gifs i loved it

i also cant wait but i could not pay 150 for a alpha either so i got to wait :D
Ola
Jarno

Postby Abster » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:47 pm

I found it on gonintendo.com, and since it has a decent number of ideas from the Metroidvania I was planning to make, I thought it was a good idea to follow this, especially since I have no idea what will happen to Castlevania now that Koji Igarashi left Konami.
Abster

Postby beingthehero » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:41 pm

I first heard about it from a link at the Castlevania Dungeon. Pretty pumped for it.
beingthehero

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions