MSO's Weapon Teir Concept Art

A haven for fan-art and community creations!

Re: MSO's Weapon Teir Concept Art

Postby Bodie » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:21 pm

MSO:

When we say accent color, we mean just putting some tiny amounts of that color around the object...to accent stuff. Make it fancy!

Something like this:
Bodie
Site Admin

Postby fulldepwell » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:56 pm

what about a gun that shoot poison bullets and deal damage per second.
the orb could be green or lime green kinda.
i think it would really stands out. i mean gun .. fire .. red ... let's get more creative :D
i gotta say i really like the idea of a gun it seems different then what i would expect lunais using but i like that
fulldepwell

Postby MetalShadowOverlord » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:36 am

Bodie wrote:When we say accent color, we mean just putting some tiny amounts of that color around the object...to accent stuff. Make it fancy!

Like this then?

Version 6:

Yes, I used the design you used on the handle since I couldn't think of anything else. I also tried to fix up the filigree on the handle to make it more hand-friendly.

Version 7:

I removed the handle filigree altogether.

I actually never thought to do this because I figured, well, this is a prototype weapon meant for military purposes, so decorating it would have been a low priority. Thinking about it now, it's kind of funny I'd say that when I included a charm dangling from handle that does nothing except serve as decoration. XD

As for a passive ability, since the idea behind the gun was imperial scientists trying to find new ways to more effectively weaponize crystalized magic, I suppose it would be fitting if it were something that reduces the MP cost of spell abilities.
MetalShadowOverlord

Postby Bodie » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:31 am

Cool! Looks good to me! And that passive sounds super good :D
Bodie
Site Admin

Postby MetalShadowOverlord » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:59 am

Glad you like it! Did we cover everything, or is there something else we need to work out? If not, then I can't wait to see this in sprite form, and I especially can't wait to see what the other weaponmith backers come up with!
MetalShadowOverlord

Postby Bodie » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:44 pm

Nope, that should cover it :) It might be awhile before I get time to work on it, but I'm excited for it :D
Bodie
Site Admin

Postby inclining » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:46 pm

I really like the look of this gun! One tiny criticism I have is the proportions of the handle, trigger, and trigger guard. No one would be able to hold this gun really, because the trigger guard reaches almost all the way down the handle; nowhere to wrap your palm/fingers around the handle. Otherwise, it looks cool and I think it makes sense with the mixture of different time periods and settings in the game.
inclining

Postby MetalShadowOverlord » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:33 pm

inclining wrote:I really like the look of this gun! One tiny criticism I have is the proportions of the handle, trigger, and trigger guard. No one would be able to hold this gun really, because the trigger guard reaches almost all the way down the handle; nowhere to wrap your palm/fingers around the handle. Otherwise, it looks cool and I think it makes sense with the mixture of different time periods and settings in the game.

Yeah, this was the first time I ever drew a gun, and I focused more on style than anything (ironic, considering my earlier claims of not adding decorations to it because of it being a prototype military weapon). As for handling the gun, I suppose there's no real way to keep the filigree and expect it to be handled properly. However, without the filigree, I can see someone placing their index finger and middle finger inside the guard and their remaining fingers outside the guard. However, even then it still seems rather impractical.

I guess I should have tried drawing a hand around the handle to try testing how it would be held.
MetalShadowOverlord

Previous

Return to Community Playground