Spinners of Fate

A haven for fan-art and community creations!

Spinners of Fate

Postby Nel Celestine » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:25 pm

Greetings fellow Timespinners! Nel here, I'm a youtube content producer and I started a show over on Youtube I am producing about Timespinner and other potential future products from Lunar Ray Games.

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4

Edit: Added Episode 4 to the original post

For episode 2 I'd like to have people here help out. I'd like people to post here how they found out about Timespinner and what sold them on the project. I'll read several (most likely 10 depending on time duration) along with any other news between now and the episode's release.

Thanks a ton for any support for this as it will also help spread the word about Timespinner further!
Last edited by Nel Celestine on Wed May 06, 2015 1:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Producer of Spinners of Fate and other Youtube Content.
Nel Celestine

Re: Spinners of Fate

Postby Maximz » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:34 pm

Well, i saw the kickstarter through the MightyNo.9 shoutout and decided to give it a look. after seeing the main character Lunais and the color/art style of the game resembling StarOcean, then i saw the blast that looked like something Megaman X would have and my jaw dropped and i was like I MUST HAVE THIS......IN MY LIFE! you can even ask Bodie cause i shot him a PM because i was sad that i couldn't back it right away but i had to hold out to almost last minute to back it but me and Bodie had an awesome conversation because of it.
Maximz

Postby MetalShadowOverlord » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:33 pm

Not sure if mine actually qualifies because of how it ends, but it's definitely a story to tell all the same.

Well, what really got me to want this was a variety of reasons - the metroidvania style gameplay, the unique weapons, that overall Castlevania SOTN feel, and all the weird enemies and, of course, time travel (I love games with this feature)! I backed it almost immediately at the $40 pledge, which included a familiar and some costumes. I planned to Let's Play this and wanted to show off the backer exclusives.

However, while all these what really made me want to back this game is something a little different. I showed the kickstarter project to my friends, but, despite being in love with the game as much as I was, none of them could spare some cash to back it themselves. That was when I noticed the last pledge on the page:

BOSS DESIGNER - All previous rewards ● Work with us to design your own unique boss that will be hidden in the final game! ● Be named in the credits as an Epic Boss Designer.

"All previous rewards?!", I shouted in my mind, "Does that mean...?" I scrolled up, looking at all the other rewards - enemy design, weapons design, be in a pixelized portrait in the game. I was stunned by what was being offered. Usually kickstarter projects, at least the ones I saw before, didn't bundle limited pledges in with higher reward tiers. I couldn't pass this up.

You might be yawning at this point. Why should you continue to listen to me go on and on about how I could afford the highest tier and do all this? Well, that's the thing - I didn't do this 100% for me. I actually did it for my friends who couldn't back this game. They would choose what they want to do (one designs a boss, another designs an enemy, etc), but we'd all collaborate and help each other make the thing we choose to design even better. Because of this, I even asked Bodie if their names could be in the credits, to which he said "Yes".

I noticed, however, that not all of my friends could benefit from this, as one particularly special friend of mine was left out. So I created a second account and backed the game again at the Pixel Bust level. Hey, a special tier for a special friend, right? I made sure I added extra money for add-ons, and now, not only will everyone be, in one for or another, in the game, but they'll all be able to play it too.

The best part? They don't even know what I've done yet. Some of my friends have been on vacation and they haven't been able to get on skype, but when they do, I'll gather them into a group call and give them the news. Needless to say, they're in for the biggest surprise of their lives.

Well, that's my story. Hope you guys didn't think I was trying to be self-righteous by speaking of my gift-giving like this, for I assure you that I did not write this with any arrogant intent, and I apologize to those who initially thought that this was the case. o.o;; Also, uh, sorry for the wall of text.
MetalShadowOverlord

Postby SHODANFreeman » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:37 pm

I found out about the Kickstarter from a thread on the TTLG.com forums about Kickstarter projects. I saw the art style, heard the music, and was instantly intrigued. After some quick research to verify the validity of the project, I immediately pledged as much as I could afford.

I'd have backed for the highest tier if I had the financial means of doing so. I was only able to scrape together $60 to back with, but that will get me a nice pretty copy of the game in physical format. :D
SHODANFreeman

Postby Nathan » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:53 am

I found out about Timespinner through Kotaku and the trailer immediately sold me on the game. I'm a huge fan of games like Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA) and of course the Metroidvania's everybody always names like SOTN and Super Metroid.

Also, I loved the concept of mixing this genre with time travel elements. Since fiction (books, movies) about time travel is something I love, this was a marriage of these two things.

I also like the fact that Bodie is an indie developer who really comes across as passionate and someone who truly loves the genre. So I decided to back his project.

Can't wait!
Change is inevitable; progress is optional.
Nathan

Postby Nel Celestine » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:31 am

Updated original post with Episode #2
Nel Celestine

Postby Nel Celestine » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:33 pm

And here is Episode #3 with an awesome guest.

Episode 3
Nel Celestine

Postby Jarno » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:21 am

Episode 3 was great, nice new info on timespinner
Ola
Jarno

Postby Nel Celestine » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:10 pm

thanks! I'm glad you liked
Nel Celestine

Postby Bkstunt » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:05 am

Greatly enjoyed the last episode, thanks! :D
Bkstunt

Next

Return to Community Playground