PS4 features.

Leave feedback and suggestions for improving Timespinner!

PS4 features.

Postby Vipes » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:23 am

This will be a thread for any of the people who got Timespinner for PS4. As many of you probably know, the PS4 has a pretty neat controller, what with its light and speaker, which at first, doesn't sound like much, but if used right, they're amazing! (WarFrame, Transistor). I'd like to see some creative things for the PS4 on Timespinner, since it has somethings the PC doesn't. I mean, the 3DS gets 3D doesn't it?

Lets start off basic hmm? Different Orbs would bring up a different color on your controller? Time stop makes your controller light different? I don't think Bodie really does any gaming on the PS4, so this may be a hard thread of suggestions for him to take in. Ohh...another cool thing, would be...and I'm not sure if this is possible, but while time stop is active, all sound comes through the controller instead, as to give a "in another place" feeling. Maybe the more a blast gets charged, the more you hear it come out of the controller, as well as the TV. If there is some kind of secret finder in the game...that when equipped, beeps louder and louder the closer you are....it could come from the controller instead.

What ideas do you guys have? Controller ideas? Stream ideas? Please, all PS4 users, let me know! :D
Vipes

Re: PS4 features.

Postby Heart » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:57 pm

The other day I watched my friend play Infamous: Second Son. I was amazed at how the controller was used there. He turned it to the side, shook it, and then used one of the triggers to hold down and then moved it, as if spray painting. I know this isn't really an idea, but more like, hey, the PS4 can do that, what else can you do with the controller's motion control?
Mwahahahahahaha. Age? I have none of those. I am TIMELESS!
Heart

Postby Gareth » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:18 am

I would love for...

The touchpad to bring up the map if touched and something like the ability page or equipment page if pressed. This gives it two uses to jump to things that we will probably be using a lot.

The small speaker to be used in different ways like if there was an item that let you know you were near something important than the beeping would get faster. Or for the sound effects of something like a heal, potion, or other small item. I wouldn't want it to make noise every time a spell went off though.

Light bar I got nothing :?:
Don't be a spoony bard

PSN: tsugarusatsujin
Gareth

Postby inclining » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:47 pm

Vipes wrote:I don't think Bodie really does any gaming on the PS4

Surely he must for Destiny at least, right?

Vipes wrote:while time stop is active, all sound comes through the controller instead, as to give a "in another place" feeling.

Hmm, I think this would be a bit annoying/jarring if playing on a big home theater system and then all sound is reduced to a tiny speaker in your controller! Still, I do like the idea of using the controller speaker to add something. An auditory hint that you're near an item could be cool, for example.
inclining

Postby Jistuce » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:55 am

inclining wrote:
Vipes wrote:while time stop is active, all sound comes through the controller instead, as to give a "in another place" feeling.

Hmm, I think this would be a bit annoying/jarring if playing on a big home theater system and then all sound is reduced to a tiny speaker in your controller!

That was definitely a problem with the Wii's controller speaker.
It didn't help that the speaker in the Wiimote was... REALLY bad.
Jistuce

Postby bobjones1980 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:36 am

Spooky sound effects that come from the controller
bobjones1980

Return to Suggestions