Orb Ideas

Leave feedback and suggestions for improving Timespinner!

Re: Orb Ideas

Postby Deceus » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:00 am

From another thread...

Bodie wrote:Yeah! There's already some independent stuff, like the Shield ring which blocks some projectiles :D Now to make some spell passive~

Here's a few interesting spell-related passives that could exist:

Lightning Ring: Whenever you use a spell, several (3?) bolts of lightning arc from Lunais to enemies near her.
Icy Ring: Any enemies hit by your spells are temporarily frozen in ice.
Duplicate Ring: Whenever you use a spell, your familiar uses a lesser version of the same spell.
Health Ring: Enemies killed by your spells always drop small health pickups.
Overcharge Ring: You can charge your spells to a second level, dealing increased damage at increased mana cost. (Includes a slight graphical change to the spells if they are charged to a second level - extra glowy or something.)
Blood Ring: If you are out of mana, you can use health to cast your spells. (Maybe a buff to them if you do?)
Time Ring: Whenever you use a spell, time is frozen for a short time (1 second?), though enemies still take damage from the spell.
Deceus

Postby ThatLlamaGirl » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:03 pm

Deceus wrote:Duplicate Ring: Whenever you use a spell, your familiar uses a lesser version of the same spell.

Can you imagine? Meyef using an itty-bitty sword... omg
ThatLlamaGirl

Postby Bodie » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:01 am

Jeez, all of these ideas are cool! I'll have to see if any of them fit with existing orbs~~
Bodie
Site Admin

Postby Deceus » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:47 pm

ThatLlamaGirl wrote:Can you imagine? Meyef using an itty-bitty sword... omg

It would be adorable. I'm gonna be playing through the game co-op (hopefully as both Lunais and the familiar, eventually, if I can convince my friend to play as Lunais), and so I'm particularly fond of anything that interacts with familiars.

Bodie wrote:Jeez, all of these ideas are cool! I'll have to see if any of them fit with existing orbs~~

<3
Deceus

Postby Jarno » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:36 am

An idea i today yay its still fresh (means i havent given it a lot of though yet)

A bomb orb, like those old round bombs, fits the idea of orb perfectly

As melee attack you throw it few meters, maybe it bounes a bit and then explodes, would be cool if it bounces back on walls but probally a pain in da ass to code :D

As spell you shoot a (mario) massive rocket bomb that impact on the first thing it hits

As passive, a 10% chance of throwing an extra bomb when you attack
Jarno

Previous

Return to Suggestions