A Lesson in Comedy.

Leave feedback and suggestions for improving Timespinner!

A Lesson in Comedy.

Postby Mikara » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:47 pm

I had a thought during your live stream about something that could be introduced in the tutorial. I'm going to assume you are going to inform the players how to move, jump, and basic stuff like that. I'm also assuming that you will also have one for opening chests.

Anyways my thought comes in at attacking, what if the first chest she opens has the first orb in it, she has no idea what it does, what it's used for, or how to use it (Cutscene with dialog here). So the first enemy that you encounter in the tutorial has her literally throw the orb at it, that's when it returns and she understands it's function at that point. Just an idea I had, feel free to shoot it down or crowd surf me in praise.
Mikara

Re: A Lesson in Comedy.

Postby Bodie » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:32 pm

Haha, that's a fun idea :D Unfortunately, it wouldn't really mesh well with Lunais' backstory. See, she already knows that she has special Aura abilties, that no one else in her village has. So, showing her being surprised at those abilities just wouldn't fit :(

Still a good idea, though!
Bodie
Site Admin

Postby PolyUV » Mon May 11, 2015 6:09 pm

Obviously, without ruining the backstory, is her knowledge of commanding auras innate? Using that story as a tutorial, if it's something she discovers, could be viable?
PolyUV

Postby Bodie » Mon May 11, 2015 11:53 pm

PolyUV wrote:Obviously, without ruining the backstory, is her knowledge of commanding auras innate? Using that story as a tutorial, if it's something she discovers, could be viable?

It's possible that we could have a tutorial section during the intro that takes place on Winderia, but by the time Lunais is stranded on the Lachiem homeworld, she knows how to command her Aura and use the Blue Orb (the only orbs she's used as weapons before).
Bodie
Site Admin

Postby PolyUV » Wed May 13, 2015 7:09 am

Bodie wrote:
PolyUV wrote:Obviously, without ruining the backstory, is her knowledge of commanding auras innate? Using that story as a tutorial, if it's something she discovers, could be viable?

It's possible that we could have a tutorial section during the intro that takes place on Winderia, but by the time Lunais is stranded on the Lachiem homeworld, she knows how to command her Aura and use the Blue Orb (the only orbs she's used as weapons before).

I kind of figured, I was alluding to more of the backstory; maybe a skip-enabled tutorial/prologue?
PolyUV

Postby Jarno » Fri May 15, 2015 5:00 am

first you ask for a totural now you ask for a function to skip it :P
Ola
Jarno

Postby PolyUV » Fri May 15, 2015 6:11 am

Jarno wrote:first you ask for a totural now you ask for a function to skip it :P

Well, to be fair, I didn't ask for the tutorial, but, I think it would be interesting to see the in-game backstory for Lunais discovering her latent abilities, and an interactive way of doing so would be fun. But, at the same time, if someone didn't feel like going through that every time they started a new game, they could certainly skip it (or it could be left out entirely on NG+).
PolyUV

Return to Suggestions