Question about digital copies of the game

General discussion about Timespinner.

Question about digital copies of the game

Postby WanderingGrayHeart » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:42 pm

Will it be possible to move the digital copy of my game to another Macbook Pro? I ask because it occurred to me that I may get a new computer soon after the game comes out next year.

Regardless, can't wait to play! :D
WanderingGrayHeart

Re: Question about digital copies of the game

Postby Nel Celestine » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:36 pm

I'm going to assume so, kind of like how you can with steam games, just need to be logged into your steam account.
Producer of Spinners of Fate and other Youtube Content.
Nel Celestine

Postby Paul » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:19 pm

It’s too soon to say officially, but in my personal opinion, it would be some pretty poor software design if we made the keys one-time-use-only—and I’m pretty sure Lunar Ray Games stands for quality software design ;)—to say nothing of of switching to a different computer, what would you do if you simply wanted to clean things up by reformatting, or to upgrade the hard drive, or had a system failure which forced you to re-install the operating system? :shock:

I’m not planning on having to issue myself a new key every time I want to reformat a hard drive! :lol: hahhah
(But again, it’s too soon to make any official statement. ;))
Paul

Postby Bodie » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:11 pm

We'll be using HumbleBundle to store your Steam key and digital download. I'm fairly sure that Humble will let you download multiple times, but I haven't set it up yet. Steam definitely remembers which games you own and will let you redownload them forever.
Bodie
Site Admin

Postby Darth Plagueis » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:44 pm

Bodie wrote: I'm fairly sure that Humble will let you download multiple times, but I haven't set it up yet. Steam definitely remembers which games you own and will let you redownload them forever.
I can confirm both, from multiple other games and Kickstarters I have backed.
Darth Plagueis

Return to General