Pieces of the timespinner

General discussion about Timespinner.

Re: Pieces of the timespinner

Postby mechjagger » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:10 pm

I don't think Lunais should be the only one with timespliting abilities, I couldn't see it from the preview but some enemies should have similar abilities. Such as countering attacks immediately after she time travels, as if they blocked first, etc.
mechjagger

Postby Nel Celestine » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:16 am

One thing I'd love to see a character do would be similar to Emiya Kiritsugu's accel ability. Increasing their speed greatly. It could be a short burst and if time frozen they would just move slower but still move. would make for a rather tense fight.

Clip of Emiya using the Accel. Warning, spoiler heavy from the end of the FATE/ZERO series. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSgXOZKSt20
Producer of Spinners of Fate and other Youtube Content.
Nel Celestine

Postby Heart » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:43 pm

As for the pieces of the Timespinner, I have an idea for a boss revolving around one. Such as, this piece of the Timespinner draws to it all of the bosses you had fought up until then to make a gigantic ugly and beautiful monster. The text could be something like, "You did this to me. It's all your fault. Die." And then it could start attacking using all of the moves that other bosses had, but combining some so that it isn't redundant.
Mwahahahahahaha. Age? I have none of those. I am TIMELESS!
Heart

Postby Selene » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:17 pm

Heart wrote:As for the pieces of the Timespinner, I have an idea for a boss revolving around one. Such as, this piece of the Timespinner draws to it all of the bosses you had fought up until then to make a gigantic ugly and beautiful monster. The text could be something like, "You did this to me. It's all your fault. Die." And then it could start attacking using all of the moves that other bosses had, but combining some so that it isn't redundant.

Sounds like this should be in the discussion about bosses, since this thread is about Time pieces for Lunais to acquire.
Those who tell you who to love, are the ones who do not deserve it.
Selene

Postby terjerox » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:34 pm

Selene wrote:I have an idea. How about certain areas have multiple time periods you can visit them in (perhaps like in Chrono Trigger or in Zelda: Oracle of Ages), but you need to collect a special Time Piece from that region in specific to go to that time.

It could make for a neat boss, you find him, half wounded, he shouts and curses you for things you have done, that you yourself have not yet done. When he is defeated, he drops or enables access to the Time Piece, to bring you back in time to fight him in the past, when he first met you.

This blew my mind. I need this in the game!
I NEED THIS
terjerox

Postby Heart » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:38 am

Selene wrote:
Sounds like this should be in the discussion about bosses, since this thread is about Time pieces for Lunais to acquire.

Only reason I mentioned it, was because the boss cane from a broken piece of the Timespinner. -Shrugs- As in the piece is the boss.
Mwahahahahahaha. Age? I have none of those. I am TIMELESS!
Heart

Postby zero_traveler » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:15 pm

mechjagger wrote:I don't think Lunais should be the only one with timespliting abilities, I couldn't see it from the preview but some enemies should have similar abilities. Such as countering attacks immediately after she time travels, as if they blocked first, etc.

You could have enemies that at first "LOOK" like they have been frozen by the Time-Stop ability, but, due to their own Time-related abilities are still active.

The video I've seen seems to put some emphasis on using "time frozen" enemies as platforms to reach higher ground. What happens when that "platform" suddenly reveals it was faking and tries to eat you?

===
Selene wrote:I have an idea. How about certain areas have multiple time periods you can visit them in (perhaps like in Chrono Trigger or in Zelda: Oracle of Ages), but you need to collect a special Time Piece from that region in specific to go to that time.

It could make for a neat boss, you find him, half wounded, he shouts and curses you for things you have done, that you yourself have not yet done. When he is defeated, he drops or enables access to the Time Piece, to bring you back in time to fight him in the past, when he first met you.

The split up boss fight is a great idea, but to really sell it, you should separate the two fights by a large margin of game content. "Future-You" that put the early game boss in that condition should be a significantly more powerful entity compared to when "Early-Game-You" first fights him.

===

Mikara wrote:How about puzzle rooms, similar to Lufia 2. Where you will get a "Reset" spell that allows you to attempt the puzzle from the start without having to exit all the way back out and enter again? That could be interesting / time saving.

You could get the ability for the first time in such a puzzle room. When she first arrives, the room is fallen into disrepair, and obviously in a half-solved state, from someone who was trying to solve it, but failed. Figuring out how to "reset" the room back to it's pristine state is the "first" part of the puzzle room.

Of course, she tries to just set it back to fully functional, but still half solved, but ends up messing it up and going all the way back to "fully reset".
zero_traveler

Previous

Return to General