Pieces of the timespinner

General discussion about Timespinner.

Pieces of the timespinner

Postby Jarno » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:09 am

so in the live countdown stream it was said that along the course of our adventure we will be collecting new pieces of the timespinner that will give us new abilities, and allow us to explore on (well that my free interpretation of it)

one example of an ability that was shown was a double jump to get to a ledge
i dont realy see how a manipulating time could allow you to jump twice

i was wondering if anyone had any other time orientated abilities ideas that could help the user progress,
personally i think timestop is a verry powerfull ability already
Ola
Jarno

Re: Pieces of the timespinner

Postby ThatLlamaGirl » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:38 am

Moved to more appropriate board.
ThatLlamaGirl

Postby Bodie » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:28 pm

Yay speculation~

While the majority of the Time-based abilities that you get in-game will be from pieces of the Timespinner, non-time abilities will be obtained through other means. For example, Double-Jump is received from a separate relic (similar to the SotN Leap Stone) rather than from the Timespinner.

What kind of abilities do you guys think should be in the game?
Bodie
Site Admin

Postby Mikara » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:43 pm

How about puzzle rooms, similar to Lufia 2. Where you will get a "Reset" spell that allows you to attempt the puzzle from the start without having to exit all the way back out and enter again? That could be interesting / time saving. I honestly don't think a "Reverse time" spell should be in the game, maybe a "Fast Forward" spell though, that increases the speed for the main character while everything else moves at half speed or something.
Mikara

Postby SHODANFreeman » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:36 pm

Bodie wrote:What kind of abilities do you guys think should be in the game?

An endless jump/fly ability, like screw attack.

Some type of ability that lets Lunais alter time in order to turn into the baby version of herself to crawl through small spaces (morph ball, but with moar time travel)

An ability that creates a localized accelerated time field around Lunais, causing enemies to wither and die of old age (with neato special animations, if possible! :P).

Time travel similar to the way Chronology handles it could be neat too, where there are small trees/plants in the "present" but if you go to the "future" they are large enough to climb.
SHODANFreeman

Postby MorningStar » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:39 pm

Bodie wrote:What kind of abilities do you guys think should be in the game?

I've always been a fan of backdash moves. You know, the kind that has you running through a game and all of a sudden a enemy pops up right in front of you and you hit the [panic button] to jump back? To gain some safety distance? :O

Preferably ending with jumping back down a cliff and into some spikes so you can hate yourself for this reflex while you climb all the way back up there. Delicious self hate guaranteed. >:3

I'm a game saddist (._. )
MorningStar

Postby Jarno » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:50 am

@shadowFreeman: nice idea for morphball :D

the idea i had was some ancient doors that the story tell they open only one every 1000 years
then an ability to spin thier time to open them

i gues the opposite of timestop would be timespin, where you can move realy fast and open for example ancient doors or as shadowFreeman said grow plants :D

the time reset ability from lufia II (oh my first RPG!) could also usefull, for progression, you could have puzzles that are already screwed up so only after you reset it you can solve it, or maybe it could be used to repair some damages levers or machines

an other idea is maybe different effect on day & night so she has the ability to turn the time like 12 hours (if that planet has at 24 hour cycle)
Ola
Jarno

Postby Jarno » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:55 am

a more complex version i was thinking about was a system like metroid prime 2(D), in metroid prime yo uhave 2 worlds one bright and one dark, some passages only exist on one world, this could be translated to a time based version where you have a present and past or future, and the ability to jump between them tru portals to reach certain area's, however to power up those portals you need to power to start them, like on metroid prime 2 you had a while and a black gun
Ola
Jarno

Postby Mikara » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:14 am

Jarno wrote:the time reset ability from lufia II (oh my first RPG!) could also usefull, for progression, you could have puzzles that are already screwed up so only after you reset it you can solve it, or maybe it could be used to repair some damages levers or machines

I'm guessing my post was ignored because I used punctuation other than commas?
Mikara

Postby Jarno » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:58 am

sorry i forgot to quote you there, i was actually brought to the idea by idea
Ola
Jarno

Next

Return to General